Monday, April 13, 2009

Utah Visit ( the indestructible becomes destructible)

Last weekend, I went up to visit my family.
When I got there late Friday night, me and my little sister
were catching up and laughing.
Our Mom came out and talked with us for a while, She looked fine
and was only really thirsty.
None of us though anything of it and continued on with our night.
The next morning was busy, moms blood sugar was in the 400, she gave herself a shot
which all the times before brings it down for her.
Me and Danielle were trying to work something out to find a prom dress, but I had
my nieces birthday party, so I told her we would go tomorrow.
I left for the party within that first hour I was there, I got one of
the worst texts someone could ever get.
Dads Cell We've taken your Mom to the hospital
Her blood sugar never went down but climbed higher into the 600.
(normal is 90 - 125)
She should not have even been able to function at that. Should have been dead,
or in a diabetic coma, the doctor said.
Now when you here these words about your own mother, who was just laughing with you
a few hours ago, it makes you think.
My Mother even when she was sick she would take care of us.
She was my indestructible, who was now destructible.
I had never known her to be in the hospital but for when she had us kids.
She stayed in ICU until late Sunday night when an elderly person needed, the care more
than my Mom. ( because they didn't have enough people to take care of her, in ICU)
As you can see I wasn't very fond of that idea, that they would move someone, because they didn't have enough people for that many patients.
Her blood sugar keep going up and down the while time she was there.
My Mother being her, wanted nothing more than to be left alone and to go home.
So finally on Monday morning, after her telling them to let her go, and them being short handed
they let her come home.
The doctors all said it was a close call.
Life is so fragile, we all hang by a tread never knowing how thin we make it.
You never wake up thinking, today feels like a good day to check into the hospital,
or I may get in a crash and die today, so love you guys.

No none of this ever crosses our minds, as we zip by each day.
My Mom gets a second chance, as does all of us.
I hope I can be a better person, and slow down a little to enjoy things and time
with my husband and family.

1 comment:

Jaron and Michelle said...

I'm glad your moms doing better!!