Friday, September 26, 2014

Lemons, and Life

We often hear when Life gives you lemons you just have to make lemonade. I've always thought it was an awful saying because I do not like Lemonade, which it odd for me because those who know me, know I eat lemons plan, I dont like to drink them. Where am I going with this, well I am learning that it's not about liking lemonade or even drinking it really. Maybe it's about the work you have to put into it. Maybe it's about squeezing the lemons adding the right about of sugar so you can swallow the bitterness in life and enjoy the drink. We must do the work and we must add the sugar, and we must make it.. I have been fired now, but I have learned a lot from my job, from the employer and even better from myself. When it first happened (Yesterday) I was shocked, hurt, upset and felt as though I had done something wrong. I have never been fired in my life, and I have never been without a job, or a plan for a job, So I took it personal and how can you not some ask but with a loving husband and mother in law and amazing family, I learned how dear I look at it as I have done something rather then looking at it as their loss. I worked my hardest (and it's not that my best wasnt good enough) I did my very best :).. So now I have the lovely opportunity to be home, to catch up on family life, to catch up on what matters. Before you ever get a new job, think about what you trading for it. We only have the time that is given to us, and yet we trade our time for money. You may only miss one game here (hockey my husband play) or there because you are to tired or have to work, you may miss a church meeting, a birthday dinner, a weekend get away.. Think about what you give up for who, for what.. I love my lemons

No comments: